Friday, October 31, 2014

Ebola virus - should I panic?

English: Color-enhanced electron micrograph of...
English: Color-enhanced electron micrograph of Ebola virus particles. Polski: Mikrofotografia elektronowa cząsteczek wirusa Ebola w fałszywych kolorach. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
01-Nov-2014


This will be my first post on the current issue of ebola virus, which is taking the world in the outbreaks, the cause of which we know at least, and the scattered incidents of individuals who have worked in facilities, and have contracted the virus themselves.

Should I panic?

No. As always said by health authorities, with proper precaution and care, no. There is no reason to panic.

First, it is not like the common cold virus, which is airborne. If it is, then I would panic. But then again, I don't want to be ahead and worry without cause.

Second, even if I do contract the virus, the country where I live is prepared to handle the situation. As if everyone is entitled to say it, "Our health facilities and personnel are at par, if not the best in the world." So, why should I panic?

I don't even worry. That could lower my resistance, and that could make me susceptible to other known, though weaker, viruses, and it may not be the ebola virus that will bring me down.

So, are you worried? Are you panicking?

You should not.

Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment