Friday, August 15, 2014

Down with colds and flu

A British poster from World War II describing ...
A British poster from World War II describing the cost of the common cold "The Cost of the Common Cold and Influenza". Imperial War Museum: Posters of Conflict . vads . . (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
15-August-2014


I wasn't able to do some posting of articles this whole week... I was down with colds and flu, and my coughing was very bad. I even had several bouts of high fever. I mean, it was Singapore's National Day, so the Friday before that, which is the 8th, I paid the company doctor a visit and asked for some medicine that I can take during the long weekend. Then I went out with my family and many others to the beach and even participated in some light games/competitions.

And that was in the morning hours.

When the sun was coming up higher and hotter, I felt that I wasn't getting any better.

True enough, that was when my fever first occurred. I had my medicines brought along, so I took some, then had to lie down to rest. I managed to get some winks.

But I didn't get any better after all.

Monday was holiday in lieu, so I had the whole day to rest.

Tuesday I went to work.

Wednesday, I still wasn't any better, even with all the pills and syrups I was taking. So at quitting time, I decided to go back to the company-appointed clinic, and the doctor gave me some stronger medicines.

I got better, and here's to say that I will be back, most probably by next week.

Hope that everybody else getting the bout of colds or flu would also be better. Drink a lot of water, and don't forget your medicines.

Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment